F250 Lariat and heated seats

Question for the group. I have a 2006 F250 Lariat and it has heated seats, which for the most part work great. But they don't automatically turn off when the engines stopped. I mean they're off when the trucks not running but as soon as I start the truck they're back on. Is this by design or is there a problem?

Reply to
Rick Jackson

I don't know, luckily I did not get them. But just wait until you discover first hand, that the heated side mirrors dry more dirt onto the mirror than they melt ice off. Ford really needs to put an on/off switch on these damn things...

Reply to
351CJ

Dunno 'bout the 06, but my '02 shuts off automagically and won't come back on until I mash the button again. If they happen to be on when I shut down, they're off when I start back up again.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

If they are like those in my Excursion, they are operated with a push-on/push-off switch type switch, not a timed switch.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo