F350 Powerstroke Automatic Shift problem

I have a 2000 F350 Powerstroke with Auto transmission that shifts fine as long as I don't accellerate hard. When accellerating hard at the point where it would normally shift it just keeps the same engine speed, no longer accellerates and doesn't shift. Letting up on the accellerator causes it to shift and then continue accelleration. It has around 120K miles. The check engine light hasn't come on. Any ideas as to what might be the cause. I'd think it might be a sensor, but then my expertise isn't a mechanic. Thanks.

Reply to
Ivey Cole

change the Cam Sensor

Reply to
TranSurgeon

OK, my face is RED but with a smile. It'd probably been more miles than I'd thought since changing the fuel filter. Change it and the air filter (don't think the air filter was really bad) and now it accelerates and shifts as it should. Just goes to show that those scheduled maintenance things can be important. I'm in the process of obtaining a cam sensor to keep on hand. After all the problems that folks have with them, will be good insurance. Thanks.

Reply to
Ivey Cole