F350 receiver hitch

I just purchased an F350, V-10 gas, 4WD, with a dump bed. The rear bumper is sturdy iron C-channel and I need to install a class 5 receiver hitch. I've looked at a few hitches online, but they all look like they fit the standard pick-up bed configuration, and haven't found anything designed to mount under this dump bed. Any ideas? Thanks

John

Reply to
Doctor John

Michelle P

John,

My 16,000 pound class 5 receiver hitch on my 2005 F-450 4x4 is mounted directly to the frame.

I don't know for sure, but if you can't mount the class 5 receiver hitch directly to the frame because of the dump bed assembly, I don't think it would retain the same class 5 weight ratings.

Good Luck

Reply to
351CJ