F350 tran

I have a 2000 F350 4x4 diesel with auto trans. The other day it shuttered badly in overdrive at 70mph and the check engine light came on. I had 2 or 3 experiences with this, and on one occasion it killed the motor. After restarting the check engine I was able to drive 400 miles with no other occurrences. I was curious if any one else had the same problem or could point me in the wright direction in diagnosing the problem. Thanks ScottC

Reply to
ScottC

I've had two automatic transmissions fail catastrophically over the years and what you have described is not at all similar to my experiences with a dying automatic tranny.

I'd suggest you get your truck to a dealer and have your computer codes read rather than waiting for something extremely costly to happen.

Reply to
Advocate

I'd guess that if it were the transmission, the check engine wouldn't flash, the od/off light would. My guess is that your cam position sensor is going. Get the codes read.

Reply to
Chris Hill

My take also, get thee to a shop

Reply to