First hand experience!

I was selling some motorcycles for an older gentleman who did not have internet access. This was our experience on some web based classifieds. Evidently they make quite a bit from these things.

Another form, will be someone telling you that they have a "client" in the states that will ship for them. In addition, he owes them some money, so they will ask for your mailing address, have "the client" send you a cashiers check in the amount of purchase PLUS extra. The idea is that you send them the difference in the purchase price and the amount "the client" gave you.

For example, selling something for say 5000.00. "Client" sends you a check for 7500.00, you in turn agree to send the difference to the "purchaser" in Nigeria or Africa, etc. Idea is to get you to take the $2500.00 out before the bogus cashiers check is discovered. By that time it is too late!

Our "purchaser" went as far as to call the gentleman via an interpreter at YAHOO, for instructions. We played with him a bit, and when we agreed to send the money after the cashiers check cleared, never heard from him again.

Reply to
DS