First non-Ford purchase in 35 years...OT

Thanks to Ford turning it's back on American workers by closing US plants, we just bought a Subaru. I emailed Ford about their decision to close domestic plants but no reply from themequals no sale to me.

Reply to
Smitty

So, why punish yourself with a ScoobyDo? That's not really showing Ford anything.

Just my .02

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

What a lame reason. Why do you think they closed these plants? Sounds like you were just looking for a reason to buy foreign. Weak dick.

Reply to
Scott

Smitty wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ford, just as GM, has overpayed there bolt spinners for decades and the chickens are home to roost. wages, health care and retirement benefits have sucked the life out of the big 2. combine that with fresh ideas and great reliability out of asian vehicles and its a caustic mix for survivability of the unions. im not downing the UAW. in fact i applaude there expertise in making sure there hierarchy is fully vested even while leaving there membership hanging out to dry....these advertised labor buyouts only amount to a few years wages and these rivet poppers thought they were on the gravy train for life. our society can only absorb so many carpet layers and lawn care services so what will these people do when the plants really start closing up?...........Kjun, proud member of the 'Me First' genre.

Reply to
KjunRaven

I can just see the Ford people reading your email and saying "Shit, who cares if we're losing hundreds of millions of dollars a month, Smitty here won't buy a Ford because we have to close plants to stay in business. Screw it, let's open all the plants back up, and go out of business in a year and screw over ALL our workers. At least Smitty will buy a Ford before we go under."

Troll.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

So how does buying a Subaru help American workers more than buying a Ford? At least if you bought a Ford, there is some chance that the profits will flow to an American corporation that might decide to reinvest them here. Does Subaru offer a salary and benefits comparable to Ford? Is Subaru supporting retired US workers like Ford is?

Reply to
C. E. White

If I buy again this year it will most likely be Ford,I have a 29 pickup,31 gas delivery,94 ranger,99 F250,the 250 is black,29 is black,when the 29 is on trailer,pulled by his great grand pa the heads turn what a differance 70 years make,I just couldn't ,or wouldn't consider anything else.

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
jon.scarborough