First Service for New Expedition?

Question about the first service on a 03' Expedition, the dealer tells me the 1st service should be done at 3,000 miles, but the maintence book states at 5,000 miles. I've had the truck about one month now and have 2,500 miles on it. Any suggestions on who should I believe? Also I've notice a kind of dull groan when I make a hard turn at low speed, and ideas what it could be?

Thanks Sonny

Reply to
Sonny B.

Always change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles.

Reply to
Steve Barker

I'd probably go by the book if the vehicle was used mostly for highway miles, with few short trips. Watch the dealers, though; their idea of maintenance may leave out some necessary items and include some unnecessary items.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Thanks for the Info...any ideas about the groaning noise though...

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny B.