ford 6.0 deisel engine trouble

we have a 2003 ford deisel that went into the shop for engine trouble on jan 31/2005, we got the truck back on apr21/2005 we are wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and if so what kind of compensation they received from ford

Reply to
wlc

No engine problems here but tranny problems. We took it in for a repair for the 4X4 Low a lube, oil and filter and a 30000 mile tranny service. It would not go into low range. An actuator and motor were ordered and replaced. Then, when I got it home, it went into Safe-Home mode or something like that. Sent it back on a tow truck. Got it home and it started lurching at very low speeds. Took it back. They may be rebuilding the tranny as I write. I sort of think they wrecked the tranny when they first worked on it. I never had a moment's trouble till the service. But it's under warranty so it's their nickel so far. Shop time so far about

10-12 days. I believe your shop time should qualify you for a new truck under the lemon laws. Investigate your state's laws.
Almost three months seems very unreasonable to me. Good luck.

Reply to
Jim Gemmill

Well, I hope they have improved some since my dealings with them in

  1. I had a new Ranger back then that was in the shop for 27 days due to needing an engine rebuild. The delay was due to the parts not being avaiable in the system (2.9L V-6 was brand new that year). I thought Ford should have popped for a rental car since the delay was their fault but they didn't even offer an apology. I've owned other Fords since (and own two now), but I will never buy a new one and I go WAY out of my way to avoid a Ford dealership for any repair work. (Yeah, I'm still bitter!)

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead