Ford Aerostar no start problem

Have a 95 Ford Aerostar with a 3.0 engine My problem is it won't start it turns over normally so the battery and starter are fine. I did quite a bit of prelimary dianosis Going through the service manual checking the voltages where I was told to check I checked the resistance of the Ignition coil... According to the book if all was ok there change out the ignition module . whitch makes sense as that is the weak link on Fords.. however it didn't start.. so went over it again .. nothing I could really see that was out of place or wrong so I went with a new new distributor .. no spark yet ..I am lost at this point.. bout the only thing left to change is the computer I have to be missing it somewhere I just don't know where , any ideas or help is greatly appreciated .

Reply to
Wolfie 31

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 09:33:15 -0500, Wolfie 31 rearranged some electrons to form:

Check the fuel pressure.

Reply to
David M

Fuel pressure wont have a thing to do with no spark.

Do you have power to the ignition coil? Is there anything else that isn't working, like blower motor, wipers, radio etc. Is the check engine light on when you turn the ignition switch to the on position? How did you check for spark?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:09:05 +0000, Whitelightning rearranged some electrons to form:

Yes, I know that.

He initially said "no start", not "no spark". OP: are you sure you have no spark (how did you determine that?)

Reply to
David M

well ok let me clarify ... It doesn't spark and there is no spark I have a calibrated spark tester . and found out I didn't have any spark I do have voltage at the coil and also voltage where the book said to check I also checked the continuity of the ignition coil.

And also on some vehicles if you have no fuel pressure you will have no spark.. some sort of saftly feature.. I have worked in Garages so I am not a novice just haven't had this sort of trouble figuring out a vehicle. Its possible the new ignition module is Bad that does happen.. I just hoped for some sort of input maybe some of you have experianced simular things in your Fords.. I have own only three in my life and this is a first for me usually no spark means a bad ignition module. This time tho wasn't the case.

Reply to
Wolfie 31