Ford E-150 / F-150 Parts Questions

Ford E-150 / F-150 Parts Questions I am rebuilding my 78 long wheelbase E-150, using the frame and body from a 89 E-150

I am using the engine, transmission, drive shaft and rear axle of the

  1. [351w 3 speed overdrive, two piece steel drive shaft, 9 inch] I am also using the 78's steering gear box and column.

Which of the following parts are the same or compatible for 78 and 89?

Front end: I-beam, Radius Arm, Spindle Assembly, Coil Spring, Tie Rod and Link Assembly,

Front Brakes: Shield or Backing Plate, Rotor, Caliper,

Rear Brakes: Drum, Backing Plate, Parking Break Cable, Rear Brakes Cylinder,

General Brake Hydraulics:

The 89 has a better hydraulic system with the proportioning valve built in the in the master cylinder. So I am hoping to use the master and lines from the 89. Is there any reason the this will not work? If so is there another master cylinder with a built in proportioning valve that is a better choice?

Thanks for you time, David

Reply to
davidh