FORD ECONOLINE VAN UPGRADES

Not seeing the right side is extremely dangerous. I did see a backup camera at Crutchfield.com form $99, decided trying it for a right side rear view mirror was in order for California's in town mazing as LA/ San Diego' kamakazi right side merging lanes from major 'arteries.'

The ACA250 camera was temporarily duct taped to a broom stick then propped into the passengers window from the floor space. Monitor mounted on a 3=94x 1 =BC=94x 3/16ths (for example) scrap steel strap, in my van with and atop the usual black towels for a =91dash=92 top cover. The Powerpoint was cut when it failed with a Walmart two female cigarette plug adapter from the RV section. Audiovox units inserted there. Amazing relief from taking time to glance over to the passenger=92s side mirror to maybe see or not see what small speeding car or unseen concrete truck is somewhere to our right from LA=92s Kamakazi merging lanes. The safety increase is phenomenal With the monitor directly in front of the steering wheel, producing a wide clear unobstructed view.

kolldata

Intention is getting the right side mirror assembly apart then mounting 6/5mm bolts as exterior studs on the bottom or back side for a T shaped removable mounting bar from Hardware.

Right now the mounting is the $11 grade duct tape from Low's or HDepot. The $11 is not the same stuff as Wals'

The T bar idea is conceptually versatill for mounting the camera directly downward to spy an aluminum marker strap-accurately and OBJECTIVELY marking the road's right side edge for Crater Lake counterclockwise, the Lake Elsewhere run into SJC or Baja's no berm no road no mistake driving problems.

Reply to
kolldata

beauty amazing here is the camera sends images to the monitor via a transmitter. plug the two units into the 13.6 volt or whatever DC supply. TV !

Reply to
kolldata

Own a black nose Ford ? Try

nose with hi power car wash hose. Brush in 303 with toothbrushthen wipe. The surface re-blackens, shines with a wet wipe off forlight dirt and bugs. Looks good on the bumper, lights front and rear,mouldings, rear view mirror housings and the mirror and side windows.The overspray from moulding was wiped onto the clean side windows.Result is new windows from already new windows. Forget Rainex there.303 mentions wipers.Clean the window runners with a dry toothbrush, dry runner after thecar wash then spray 303 onto the runners and inside mouldings. Beatssilicone lube. The van carries a kayak on the roof driving from Baja to San Juan Islands and back. Treated the yak, shockcords, and hatch straps with

303. Result was a =91renewing=92 of flexibility, color, feel with the gelcoat going to =91as new.=92 Expensive but delivers. Manufacturers continue bad advice for=92use a clean cloth.=92 Use a plastic checkout grocery bag and nitrile or latex glove.
Reply to
kolldata

head lamps. Two. Not good as Hi and Low beams are in the same adjustment. Lights on my lightly loaded weighted to the front E250 go out of adjustment from 3/4 full tank gas to less than 1/2 tank gas.

Answer is lube the two adjuster screws each side with silicone-4mm hex head bolts seen with a flashlight and from above with hood open. The adjusters are down in the slots above and side of headlamps.

I bought an Eklind 4mm long reach hex screwdriver for $2. Lights supposedly adjusted came into play at 1 turn down and 3/4 turn to driver's right. BIG difference. The owl community sent a note of thanks

Reply to
kolldata

Know the plastic/vinyl ? steps under front doors ?

they leak.

into the wiring chamber you cleaned out this summer.

leaks under the metal plate supporting the door gasket, the outside lip.

take a paper towel on your fingers n wipe thru under after next rain or car wash.

a glued lip/overhang of vinyl onto the step's outer lip should cure this but what glue I don't yet know.

I have the area repainted.

Reply to
avagadro7

As long as the surface is clean and dry before applying, you could probably get away with using a good quality clear silicon adhesive.

Reply to
SC Tom

///////////

local noise suggested step is of polyolefin.

my gluing is several days away.

I had tried, and several years ago, gluing to the floor mat without success: silicon, contact cement.

Locktite has a new tube at Home Depot maybe Wal: Vinyl Plastic Fabric adhesive.

this glue glues thermoplastic electrical wire covering to nylon hose fittings as an interior filler.

and there's a can of 3M 77 on shelf

Seattle Fabrics sells an excellent floor use vinyl, if not scrubbed 24/7 with sand n grit...super for waterproofing flaps. Now to get it onto the polyole ?

I assume inserting a vinyl flap over the joint may reduce the flow.

There are several - including the rear door drain solution - serious waterproofing gaps on the van. Flow in the Great North West Coast prob reduces van lifespan/value to max...add salt air.

Vinyl and 3M urethane and careful inspection.

This door step leak is insidious/sneaky caws it is [ possible to inspect the chamber and not see the leak caws the wet is under the lipover [ .

At xmass we gonna get the battery and fuse boxes for a clean up and repaint under there where my hex keys are stored.

Reply to
datakoll

sill leaks occur after the front rain gutter pours water thru the open window below onto the sill

Reply to
avagadro7