FORD ECONOLINE VAN UPGRADES

continued.

WE DROVE the E250 up n down Cal One, over the Mattole past Melonview, acro ss the Sierra, multiple coast ranges including backway to Manchester, Casca des, The Mogollon/Crater/Jackson run....smooth ride. MAX !

Now repainting the rear quarters behind wheels...bottom's sealed n painted not undercoated

My 2008's right rear quarter at the bottom fender curve where 3 panels meet has a large hole in that toward the frame side corner where Ford sheet met al ran short. The hole opens a water path to the right rear lower chamber. Hole's covered with a blob of Ford Sealant prying away no problem after 5 y ears.

There's a fold of paper towel lying on the chambers bottom.

There are 2 drain holes...use a finishing nail.

The hair dryer's down there now.

Carefully unscrew the roof brake light. Inspect, repaint, replace screws wi th quality stainless. If screws self destruct, Ford has inserts, replacea ble using WEST 6500 epoxy: no insert tool necessary.

The rear tail light lenses need inspection now. Repaint mounts and frame ar ea with Rusto.

White Rusto clean metal primer is a match for 5 year Ford white. Duplicolor Ford white looks too white when fresh yet mellows into a match.

If the first UPGRADES doesn't reproduce here, check with that title for sug gestions on rustproofing seams.

A waterproof sheet of thick vinyl formed with tub sides, from Seattle Fabri cs wears well under Wal floor mats draining water over the side onto the do or steps.

and off course remember, check the door wells front and cargo side.

van on

Reply to
datakoll

stabbing and sliding a sharp flat blade screwdriver into the lower wheel well corners is a good idea.

Reply to
datakoll

Finished wheel wells, painted gutter, brush cleaned and siliconed the black nose grille, rotated tires and brought the fronts to Galloway Ford for rebalancing.

Jimmy at Galloway Intake suggested 'road force balancing' after hearing my tire/front end story.

The Toyo A/T are excellent: my 3rd set with the Ford LSD. Out West along the Front Range, the standard ranchers' wive's tire. Wheeled me out of the King Range when locals were DOA in the Ditch, up from Coal Brakes in 8" mud with the ferry out...Max.

However, we suffered thru a vibration period repaired by the expert mechanic at Perry Ford in National City, we're told by McHaig in Tx selling Toyo that Toyo were difficult to balance.

AFTER ROAD BALANCING, the Toyo's turn like muh 544's 165x15 Dunlop 44's. LOCOMOTIVE ! Is this real. Not often. Like an honest SU dynatune too good to be what ? A completely different wheel feel upgrade.

Mandatory.

Reply to
datakoll