Ford F250 1990 error codes

Hi for my neighbour I'm looking for a way to read the error codes. We have no oil pressure according the gauge but the engine runs fine :), but we want to be sure, we have a warning light going (engine) and can't pull the codes. (don't know how) or find the oil pressure sensor so we can check for electrical failure.

Any hints welcome and my next truck is a Ford :

Thanks Richard

-- The Bald Ass Prairie Farm remove from email for reply

Reply to
The Bald Ass Prairie Farm

. . =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D (The=A0Bald=A0Ass=A0Prairie=A0Farm) . Hi for my neighbour I'm looking for a way to read the error codes. . We have no oil pressure according the gauge but the engine runs fine :), but we want to be sure, . we have a warning light going (engine) and can't pull the codes. (don't know how) or find the oil pressure sensor so we can check for electrical failure.

Any hints welcome and my next truck is a Ford Thanks Richard

Reply to
Marsh Monster

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:06:13 +0000, The Bald Ass Prairie Farm rearranged some electrons to form:

I don't think you'll get a code for "low oil pressure". Most Ford oil pressure gagues (not sure about yours) are nothing more than idiot lights, they are set up to read mid-scale when the oil pressure switch is closed.

Maybe if you tell the group what engine it is, someone can tell you where the switch is.

Reply to
David M

Any hints welcome and my next truck is a Ford Thanks Richard

-- The Bald Ass Prairie Farm ========== ========== Go to the AutoZonedOut store and buy you one of those cheapy vehical specific computer scanners to pull codes with.

*Weekend + 80 miles from nearest service station, would you drive your *truck that far if you were wondering about your oil pressure ?

Or.. Get them to scan it for you for free.

*see above

Or... Do a repost with a picture of you holding your anolog voltmeter and I'll talk you through the other way to do it. (don't bother with the repost if you don't own the meter)

*Micronta digital multimeter should do the trick, but Monday is coming *and it's not my truck :) so we just trailer it to town.

By the way..... none of this is going to give you an oil preasure reading.

*I know, but I wanted to know what else could be wrong, so far from *town, you always wanna be sure before you waist three hours for a trip.

Suggestion??? Use an oil preasure tester. *None Handy at the moment

~:~ MarshMonster

Maybe if you tell the group what engine it is, someone can tell you where the switch is.

*480 gas injection
Reply to
The Bald Ass Prairie Farm

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 00:06:21 +0000, The Bald Ass Prairie Farm rearranged some electrons to form:

Uh, don't you mean "460"?

Reply to
David M

All you need is a short wire and the ability to count :-).

$30

They only scan OBD-II computers. (1996 and newer)

It won't (read the links I posted above to see why).

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

snip

--

LOL are sure now, ever opened the dash of a modern Jaguar? I don't know where the computer stops and the car begins :)

Richard

Reply to
The Bald Ass Prairie Farm