Ford Ranger

I own a 2001 Ford Ranger. I absolutely, positively love the truck, but I have two problems that have been hard to solve.

The problems are intermittent, so when I go to the dealer the truck is naturally on its best behavior.

When the truck is cold in the morning, there is a huge, loud noise when you put it in reverse and back-up. I have left the truck at the dealer quite a few times so they can back it up in the morning. No way will the truck act up with the dealer. Damn! Damn!

The automatic transmission has a problem. It too is on its best behavior at the dealership. At traffic lights the transmission sometimes seems to be out- of-gear for a second or two, and the truck will lunge forward.

The truck will be going out of warranty next spring. I am determined to get these problems solved, even if the truck has to live at the dealership.

I have read that Ford, with its financial problems, is not going to redesign the Ranger until possibly 2008. If this is true, I am sure sales will be falling off a cliff, but at least my 2001 Ranger will be in great style. I truly love my Ranger. The white color looks great.

So far I am not impressed with the design of the 2004 F-150. The body of the truck, width-wise, seems to be so high. And the driver and passenger side windows have a crink that is ugly to me.

Nissan is coming out with the Titan. It appears to be ugly and a definite yawn. I can't imagine this truck making a dent in the Texas truck market.

For anyone contemplating purchasing a truck, I would highly recommend a Ford, even with the minor problems I have had with mine. My Ranger is a joy to drive.

The Japanese are just beginning to enter the big truck market. I have read that with the increased competition prices will be falling. Wait a couple of years, and there will be huge, huge, huge price bargains in the truck marketplace.

Reply to
Carlton Prestwicke

Did the dealership run any diagnostics on it? Hell, if your dealership won't honor the warranty or if you want a second opinion, check around at other Ford dealerships. I bought a car at one Ford dealership and used the warranty to get service at another one (since the one I bought the car at originally sucked).

Smith

Reply to
Smith