Ford Ranger Power Steering

I have a '97 Ranger that had a power steering leak. Took it in to a non-dealer service station that replaced the lines. When I went to drive it away it was as if there were no power steering at all so I stopped and the service guy came out and he couldn't figure out why it didn't work, said it worked just fine when they parked it. I left it off for the next day and called back at noon. They still couldn't get it to work so I authorized installation of a new pump. Picked it up the next day and it works, but now it whines, sounds like a pump does when fluid is low, but this fluid is high in the tube, so it's getting plenty of fluid. Anyone else ever hear of this problem, or is it just an after-market pump that's so noisy? It's especially noisy when turning at low speeds, like when parking, again just like you'd hear if the fluid were low. Appreciate any opinions. Thanks.

Reply to
Lee K

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:44:28 -0400, Lee K rearranged some electrons to form:

Sounds like they might have kinked one of the lines. "Worked fine when we parked it".. yeah right. I hope they didn't make you pay for the pump.

Reply to
David M