Ford Ranger Problem

Hello,

My check engine light came on in my 96 Ford Ranger and the reader said this:

P1443 Evap. Emission Control System Control Valve.

Is this a major repair or can a little shop fix this for me?

Thank you, Brian

Reply to
Brian

I had the same thing happen, and I'm told that the dealer replaced a vent cap or breather somewhere in the fuel system. Might be the same thing?

(Worth fixing, though. Mileage improved noticeably after the change.)

H.

Reply to
Rowbotth

And maybe the smell..there is just a slight smell coming from the engine area since this came on.

Reply to
Brian