Frame Rust

I noticed there are some rust build up my truck frame. I assume the previous owner drove it off-road since it's 4X$. I would like to strip them out myself or take it to shop. There are even some rust color on the axle.

You have any recommends? Many Thanks, Ted

Reply to
askme

Ted, the truck is worthless at this point. Deep inside you probably already know this. Take it to the nearest bone yard and be glad with whatever they give you for it.

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr

Yep, forget it!! I bought a new 1986 and drove it until 2 years ago. There was rusty places on the frame, axles and springs when I bought it, but it never amounted to anything. The running gear and body was still going strong, but it got to the point I was having to hunt add on parts for that old 6.9, so it had to go!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

If he's stupid enough to take my sarcastic advice and I knew where the bone yard was, I probably would be there. You're right about it being no big deal. Surface rust underneath is normal.

AW

Reply to
Hattmakr

Thank you guys! Sure helped me to think what I want to do about the frame. I think I may worry about them too much. I just want to do some preventative work on the truck as I want to keep it for long time.

I did some researching online about the sand blasting. Maybe if I could find some one do the job for me.

I wonder if it's ok just to paint the primer on the frame and nothing else? Hmm!

Ted

Reply to
askme