Front disks into '71 f-100

Hi folks, I want to install front disks in my p/u. I know the ins and outs of disk brake swaps from mustangs. I plan on going the wrecking yard route for everything but the master cylinder, calipers and rotors. Was there an option for front disks in '71? If I get the brakes from a later model with rear steer, do I need to get the radius arms and torque rods too or just swap over the kingpins? TIA.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

There is a complete tutorial on swapping disc brakes onto the '67-'72 trucks at

. There's also a very active forum dedicated to that era at
Hope this helps. :D

Reply to
FORDification

Excellent! Thank you.

Reply to
Mark

Great site. I like the wiper delay mod. I'll have to do that one next. Any idea if they make dropped spindles for Ford trucks?

Reply to
Mark

Nope, sorry....nobody makes dropped spindles. The best you're gonna get is dropped I-beams. Check out

FORDification