FS: 85 F150 too much invested

I traded this truck for an old dodge I did not have the money to restore and of course the thing started falling apart soon after this. First the radiator went so this caused the engine to overheat and the heads failed. Since I was going to sell this to a friend for his business I went all out and had the complete engine (351 stock 4bbl) and carb professionally rebuilt and installed a new radiator. Then the tranny started leaking so I had to have that professionally rebuilt (C-6 w/ shift kit) as well; this is a great tranny that will pull anything the engine can handle. Next the brakes were shaking badly so I replace the front discs and installed a new master cylinder. This truck has new tires and probably something else new that I have put out of my mind. Since I had to put so much into this to keep it running my friend was not willing to pay me what I wanted and he ended up buying new. I have over 5k invested (I could have rebuilt my Dodge for that!Dammit) into this truck and it runs and drives like new. It is not a beauty by any means. This grey XLT has a solid but faded and 'used' body typical for its age. The interior is red and fading and needs a headliner and a few other minor parts. Air conditioning and everything works on it except for the cruise control. I have not spent any time looking into these problems so they might be easy fixes.

I have connections to have the vehicle painted if someone wants to pay the extra ( about 1k) but otherwise I am wanting $3,000 for this great work or hunting truck but will entertain offers or trade for construction labor, rock walls, deck building, landscaping (must be licensed or have great references) or other possible home improvement services. I am fairly certain this vehicle has upgraded springs as it defiantely has a capacity much better than a standard 1/2 ton can handle. The vehicle is located in Tacoma, Washington and if you would like pictures or more info contact me at snipped-for-privacy@mremail.net

thanks for looking. Please buy it so my wife will sleep with me again (lol).

Reply to
Nocares