Fuel Maximiser

I just purchased a new F350 from a local Ford dealer, and the salesperson said they put "Fuel Maximiser's" on all thier cars and truck even the diesels because they get better milage. I told him it was "Snake Oil" and take it off. There was no argument from him when I started talking about turbo charged after cooled, direct fuel injection systems. Anybody else been exposed to this kind of sales tactic? I think they are praying on the uninformed because of the rising fuel prices.

Reply to
firetruckdriver

If they put it on as a courtesy, it won't do any harm, but if they are adding it as a dealer installed option and charging the customers for it, that's bad. If you didn't order it, you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
C. E. White

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:03:47 -0400, C. E. White rearranged some electrons to form:

It didn't work 25 years ago and it doesn't work now.

Reply to
David M

Well, yeah, like I said if the dealer puts it on for free it won't hurt anything, it won't help anything, either. If the dealer is charging for it, he's essentially stealing from the customer. And I'm sure we've never ever heard of that :-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo