Fuel Mileage????

I'm not complaining about not getting huge economy numbers. I realize that a full size truck (F150 standard cab long bed, 5.4, auto.) isn't going to get the fuel mileage that a 4 banger Nisson is going to get however I would like to get consistant mileage out of it. One time I'll get almost 19 driving like a grampa and the next I'll get just over 15 driving the same way on the same roads. One time I'll flogg it pretty hard or pull my trailer and get 17 and the next time I'll just get over 13, again on the same roads. No rhyme or reason. The truck only has 5K on it and the service manager isn't too sympathetic. Is this normal for a 2003 F150 or is mine just an odd duck.

A Hugh Jass by any other name.....

Man who scratches ass shouldn't bite fingernails. The gene pool needs more chlorine. Change .com to .net to reply direct.

Tiny

My 2002, F- 150, FX4 with the 5.4 V-8, gets 14 MPG, just like the sticker said. The stated high end, 19, I suppose, could be achieved going downhill. Ron

Reply to
R&B