Gas Gauge Lamp on Ford Ranger

I was looking for an answer on this and basically copied and pasted somebody else's question. Although I didn't see an answer. Does anybody have one?

On my '97 Ranger XLT, the lamp behind the gas gauge is burnt out. Not a

big deal, but it still annoys me. To replace this bulb, how much of the

dash do I have to take apart? I looked at it today, and it looks like I

have to take off several panels (plastic and metal) under the steering cloumn to get at the screws that hold in the intrument panel. How many steps do I have to go through? Or is there an easier way to get to it?

Reply to
shotgunmess

You have to take the instrument cluster out, but it's really not a big deal. IIRC, you have to remove all the trim from the radio over. I did mine a year or so ago.

By the way, while you have it out, replace ALL the bulbs. They're all the same age, and if one has failed, more are coming.

CJB

Reply to
CJB

It took you a year to do it? Odds bodkins. Just replaced the illumination bulbs the other last for ever. Especially if you don't drop the oooohhhhhhhh cluster. And you might as well replace that dash dimmer reostat, junk, then the new bulbs will work

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Hey shot gun I can email you the ford instruc's with pictures. And a shecial photo that somebody name shotgunmess is going o love. roberttmcfadden@hotmail. com

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Het bro i tried to email you at the shotgunmess and got shot down email me at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com I have your instrucs

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Hurc, you're right, the indicator lights will not have to be done. I wasn't very clear. I'm rereading my post and still don't see where it says it took me a year to do it. Either way, it's good to see you posting (mostly) sanely and helpfully.

Thanks,

CJB

Reply to
CJB