Gas Mileage of 1993 F150 4x4 300 6 cylinder

What average fuel mileage should I get with my 1993 F150 6 cylinder 4X4 long box, auto.

Reply to
Kato

I get ~16-18 with mine: 1993, 300, manual trans., short bed, 2wd.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson

My 1993 F150 6 cylinder 4x4 long bed managed around 17mpg on the highway. If you have the three speed auto, expect 14 or 15mpg. If you have a 4 speed auto, you may get 16 or 17mpg. These are all highway. City milage will favor the manual even more.

Charles Perry P.E.

Reply to
Charles Perry

Both my '82 carb 4x4 short step side, manual transmission, 3.00 rear gear ratio, and my '92 EFI 4x4 short step side, manual transmission, 3.00 rear gear ratio never exceeded 12 miles per gallon highway or stop and go, loaded (even overloaded) or empty. It never got any better or worse then that, 12 miles per gallon. The 300 (4.9) inline six will run damn near forever, has great low RPM torque (read tractor like) and poor highway power (read tractor like) is not an economical gas engine.

BTW: My Bronco 4x4 EFI 302, manual transmission, 3.55 rear gear ratio gets 16 on the highway... My F-250 4x4 long bed crew cab EFI 460, manual transmission, 4.10 rear gear ratio gets 12 on the highway...

Your milage may vary...

Reply to
351CJ