Gear Selector

95 F250 XL 5.8 C6 3.55 4X4 I remember the late 60's and early 70's Fords that jumped out of park and killed and mamed. My automatic on the tree gear selector must have slipped, because now when the trans in Park, the selector says reverse, like it slipped forward one notch. Drive is now 2nd and Nuetral is Drive and so on. Is there a fix for this?

There was no incident, it just happened..

-- Justbrilliant

Reply to
Justbrilliant

Mine doesn't work at all in my 87 F150. :>(

Reply to
Katmandu

Too bad someone that actually -knew- something would post to your thread huh? ;) Instead you get Eric and Alvin. :/

I don't know either, but I believe you have a different situation than the "jumping out of park" problem.

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

I don't believe it's your transmission - just the indicator. Take it to a body shop (yes body shop). This was discussed a few weeks ago. They can adjust it whether it be linkage or just the plastic indicator on the tree.

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

I agree with the below comment. However, my inclination would be to take it to a transmission shop. One of the ATRA or ATRG shops. I don't quite remember the letters. I believe the shift lever does not provide mechanical linkage to the tranny. It is an electrical signal as the E4OD is all electrical. It is probably nothing more than an adjustment.

Reply to
Mellowed