GEAR VENDORS - Gear-Splitting?

030502040100040601020205 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

What do you think of this performance mod? Anybody done it?

The *GEAR VENDORS* will give you Gear-Splitting to fix those wide ratios with a gear between each of them when you want it for tremendous gains in performance (see Final Drive Ratios). Whether you are accelerating with a Supercharged sport truck or climbing a hill with a heavy load in tow behind your diesel - gear-splitting = performance.

Agave /Salud, dinero, amor y tiempo para disfrutarlos/

01 F350 PSD Crew Dually
Reply to
Agave

I seriously question its worth. Most RV's are geared to tall theses days anyway and do not need to be geared taller. A underdrive unit would be far more feasible/usable and all the listing I see are for OD units. A serious tow vehicle needs the option of deeper gearing not taller. These OD unit will do nothing to boost startout and low speed pulling power which some seem to forget. Now if you would regear truck with depper axle ratios and than ad a OD splitter you would have something but as it stands I see little value in them and they do nothing to reduce tranny strain as they put the tranny output into a taller ratio and add strain, not reduce it.

Reply to
SnoMan

The GEAR VENDORS will give you Gear-Splitting to fix those wide ratios with a gear between each of them when you want it for tremendous gains in performance (see Final Drive Ratios). Whether you are accelerating with a Supercharged sport truck or climbing a hill with a heavy load in tow behind your diesel - gear-splitting = performance.

Agave Salud, dinero, amor y tiempo para disfrutarlos

01 F350 PSD Crew Dually
Reply to
john

Thanks for the link. What do you think about the unit?

Reply to
Agave

Any of you ever see one apart? They have a cone shaped clutch that uses ?? to lock it. I'd love to see one cross sectioned. A guy I know spent a fortune putting one in a Suburban. It failed twice while in warranty and again out of warranty. The first time they said it had something to do with the oil pump. He just left it in direct and drove it. Some years later he removed the controls and sold the truck.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

That's useful info. Do you remember about how long ago that was?

Reply to
Agave