Heater Blower

1989 E350, No back heater, just the dash heat: When the selector is on 'heat' there is no blowing of hot air from the vents but when I put the selector on 'vent', it blows heat out fine if I'm moving down the road. Is there a vacuum hose missing somewhere?

Ted G.

Reply to
Ted

Asking for clarification here. When selector is set to heat, no air comes out the floor ducts, but if you move it to vent, air comes out the vents in the dash? Is this a correct description of the issue?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Heat is not supposed to come out the vents unless you're on vent or ac

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Whitelightning: Asking for clarification here. When selector is set to heat, no air comes out the floor ducts, but if you move it to vent, air comes out the vents in the dash? Is this a correct description of the issue? Whitelightning

Right, when the selector is is on heat, nothing comes out of the floor ducts nor the dash vents with the blower turned on. When I move the selector to 'vent' I get heat from the dash vents and I'm not sure about the floor ducts but I think heat comes out there too. The reason I'm not sure is that it is a small RV and I have it winterized until after Christmas so I am relying on memory for that.

Thanks in advance for your help Whitelightning and for the help you've given before. You are a prince indeed.

Ted G

Reply to
Ted

Steve ( snipped-for-privacy@not.hotmail.com) wrote: Heat is not supposed to come out the vents unless you're on vent or ac

Thanks Steve. The dash vents will blow whatever you set the temperature selector on except heat. Works fine for cool air and fine for ac but no heat. Course when I want heat, I just set the selector to vent and the temperature selector to high heat and it works. If I select heat, nothing comes out the vents nor the floor ducts.

Thanks Steve.

Ted G.

Reply to
Ted

In that case, it's probably coming out the defrost outlets (the default usually) and you have either a vacuum leak in a hose or possibly in the control head itself.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Ted, Back to what steve said previously. It sounds as though when you select heat (floor position) there is vacuum leak somewhere and it is defaulting to defrost (windshield vents). Please refrain from using the word vent unless you accompany it with a descriptive word or you actually mean the a/c vents in the dash by the radio..It just helps keep everyone straight on what you are saying. But if you have a hand held vacuum pump, select floor (heat) and pump up the vacuum on the corresponding line.. See if you feel air out the floor vents. If you do, probably a control head problem. If you dont, then its probably a vacuum motor needs replacing..

Ford Tech

Reply to
Ford Tech