Heater blows heat at all times.

97 Ford Ranger - Don't know what happened. The heater blows heat all the time, even when it's off you can still feel the heat coming out of the vents. Any help would be very much appreciated. It's Texas and it's already HOT here. - Cruz
Reply to
Beth

Pretty sure it is the blend door.

Here is a link to the simple fix. cost almost nothing but time. or you can pay ford 800+ to fix it :(

Tim

Reply to
Tim G

I'm far from an expert but.... Do you feel any tension at all when adjusting the temp? Seen several Fords here lately where the cable slips off of the plastic piece that restricts heater airflow

Reply to
Bobby

its a vacume prob check to see if vacume is closing the heater control valve

Reply to
carl nall

I got my blender door to work another way as I wasn't sure it could be fixed... it was my assumption that there is an arm that has broken, and thus there would need to be a new arm.. I've looked at this link here but don't quite understand how putting this pin in helps.. would be cool if somebody had an actual photo of what the other half looks like...(linkage that this solution touches)....

my solution given I didn't think there was a way to Mickey mouse the blender door any other way was as so:

- remove bulky chamber that sits at the floor vent (not really required) this gives you access to the floor door in clear view.

- originally I took a peace of pliable wire, and one of those black paper clips with the two prongs and hooked onto the blender door then either pulled it in to lock into heat, or jam open to allow the cold. (with wire).. this worked for 1 year as I had no other solution. but would mean I'd have to stop, crouch down and switch it if I wanted hot, or cold (no middle ground)

- then, this year I came up with a new idea, you need a piece of plastic (3/4 inch by 3/4 inch or so) a piece of coat hanger, and some crazy glue... what I did was drill a small coat hanger width hole on the drivers side of the floor chamber, then bending the coat hanger appropriately I put it through straight to the blender door.... at the door I took the small piece of plastic (I actually used Plexiglas), drilled a hold through it at the end to attach the coat hanger to (bend the tip down), then I glued it to the big lip on the blender door...now I can use the coat hanger rod to adjust from cold, to hot, or anywhere in between.

If I get time I may look into this other solution though. Otherwise I've got a solution now.

Tell me, with the arm on the other side of the door flexible? or is it solid and moves only with the door? I've been moving my blender door over and over so I don't know if everything can still get aligned up if I was to try this other fix.

Reply to
Chris