Heater in 98 explorer

Guys...

Anyone have any info on repairing the heater on my 98 explorer? Currently i get super heat regardless of the set temperature on the controls (98 eddie bauer w/ climate control).

I spent several hours looking through my haynes manual and comparing it to what my explorer has...and i came to the conclusion that the haynes manual covers absolutely nothing for an automatic climate control system. Im guessing that its either the controler or the control valve (stuck open) in the heater core. Its not the climate control system...because when i set the temp to 60F the AC comes on to cool everything down...and when it gets there it shuts off and the heat pours in again.

There are no vacuum lines or cables to check (for temperature control)...pretty pissed about that one seeing that everything iv read says that heater problems are some of the easiest to fix.

Im planning on taking this in to the shop soon...and didnt want to get hosed (pun intended).

Thanks!

Bob...

Reply to
Bob