~help~ F150 Headlight Switch Replacement

Folks I'm replacing my 1993 F150 headlight switch. I have the old one out and the new one side by side. The new one did not come with the shaft for the knob. How do I remove the shaft from the assembly and insert it into the new one? ( I've thought about smashing it apart, but that's the last resort.)

Thanks

Reply to
Jeff C

There is either a small hole to insert a jewelers screwdriver and press, or a button/lever on the bottom (I think) that will release the knob and shaft.

Reply to
BOB

When I removed the trim on my '93, I had to remove the headlight switch first. One side of the plastic end has a slot. In that slot is an angled metal tab. Place a small flathead screwdriver against the tab and push on it. It holds the knob on by tension only. While pressing the tab the knob will simply slide off.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson