Help! Fuel line size>>

Hi Group: Does anyone know the fuel line size for the line going from fuel pump to carburetor (1982 F100 300 c.i. straight 6)? Is it 1/4,

5/16, 3/8, or...? This truck was made in Canada. I dunno if it's even metric or not...inside diameter, or outside diameter? The fuel filter screws into the carburetor. I know it's a dumb question, but have to ask. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Paul snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
Reply to
paulmbedard

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:24:12 -0800, paulmbedar rearranged some electrons to form:

Why not measure it?

Reply to
David M

Would you believe that I am the WORST mechanic in the U.S,. I used to change plugs, oil, install stereos. but after fighting with a VW beetle for 3 years, I'm afraid to touch ANYTHING! Have you ever changed plugs on an air-cooled beetle? I want to put an additional fuel filter in front of the carb fitting, 'cause I know something bad will happen if I try to just unscew and replace it. I had a mechanic who took over w/ the VW, and I'd give him a list of dumb, easy annoyances. I can't miss a minute of work 'cause of breakdowns either...that's why I bought the F-100! I love this truck, but too neurotic for these things, so I have to find a new mechanic I traded him the VW for 1K worth of work on the truck, and he put new cheap shocks on it, new brakes, bearings, cylinders, tune-up, oil change, flushed the tanks, new belts, fuel pump, etc. etc. (btw-the vw sits at his shop, and I'm not going near there!) Sorry to be off-topic...now I'll go back to just reading the n.g. Paul

Reply to
paulmbedard