Historical Price of Diesel

I haven't owned my diesel truck long enough to form an opinion, so I'm asking those who have...

Forgetting about the prices in the last year or so, but historically, even taking account seasonal fluctuations, haven't diesel prices always been at least $0.10 less than regular gasoline?

Reply to
Agave

More like 20 to 30 cents at times until last year. Right now it is 60 cents more than gas and all last winter it was 40 to 60 cents more here. I look for it to be about a buck more than gas this winter and even more if it is cold. Heating oil demand is up for industry as Bush pushed for more oil fired power plants (instead of coal) that are coming on line and that use same fuel stock and more diesels are on the road too. I do not think that diesel will ever be cheaper than gas again long term. The writting is on the wall.

-----------------

TheSnoMan
070906050004010809040609 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

"...it would go up >in the northeast, , it would go up in winter, and down in summer to prevent

Reply to
Agave

Sept 19, 2001, I paid $1.06/gallon for 87 octane.. I know this because that was the day I picked up my new truck and only got a half tank of gas with it. Gas has more than tripled in the 49 months since then.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

In some places..depends on the tax structure

Reply to
Rudy

I just bought 20 gallons of diesel for a dozer I have been using this weekend and the cheapest I could find was 3.19/gal. Gas was 2.61/gal.I look for gass to be around 2.50 to 275 this winter here and diesel to be around 3.50/gallon give or take bssed on futures market.

TheSnoMan