How hard is it to replace a clutch on 94 ford ranger, how expensive?

My 1994 Ford Ranger (2wd) seems to be getting slugglish in the clutch department. I dont think it will be too long before it needs replacing. Is this something I can reasonably expect to do myself? How much will it cost for a new clutch or can I get a refurbished one? If it needs to be brought somewhere how much will I be looking at?

Thanks for any help or advise you can give.

Kevin

Reply to
kev242

yes, its a easy clutch to install/ mazda 5 speed 2x2 are light & easy to handle. dont make the mistake of not replacing the clutch slave cyl. inside the bellhousing. new pressure plates tend to stress an old cylinder into leaking. then you have to pull the tranny again. $225.00 - 300.00 book

3.5hrs.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
state tech via CarKB.com

Not sure about the 94 but the 95 6cyl clutch has a new "improved" slave that has a dust boot installed to prevent cylinder binding, a common problem.

Reply to
I. Care

I didn't have a trans jack and had never done it. I think the whole job cost $600 but this is Vegas, you may get it done for much less other parts of the country.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Thank you and thanx for the tip this will be my first time replacing a clutch. Im hoping to get another month out of it.

Kevin

Reply to
kev242