How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

I have disabled the "seat belt minder" which stops the contant +30 decibel beyoned comfort level constant dinging but I want to shut it up completely.

I researched the wire and disconnected the one that sences the key in the ignition so it doesn't contantly DING-DING-DING when the door is opened and the lights are on. How can you shut up the seat bell dinging?

Can't undo the connection under the drivers seat, the air bags fail to systems check then. The module inside the console gagues takes over 2 hours for Ford to remove it and then they won't drive a screwdriver through the speaker (safety).

My truck, I own it. I just want it to shut the f^ck up. Any ideas?

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Fasten your seatbelt, shut the door, turn off lights?

Reply to
I. Care

Generally yes but on the job site where my work truck is my office, I use it for shelter from the rain and wind. When I sit in the truck and a foreman comes up to me and opens the door when I am on the phone

DING-DING-DING-DING at such an anoying level that the digital phone I am talking on amplifies the sound even more. I just want the damn thing quiet. Private land, home acreage and on the job site. It is so anoyingly loud.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Can you locate the dinger and just disconnect it or substitute an equivalent value resistor if the system needs to see something there?

Reply to
I. Care

It is just an open closed switch, no? Can you jump it out?

Reply to
My Names Nobody

reach over & take the passenger seat belt & insert it into the drivers part. the system will think your belt is in, no more ding ding, & if you move, the air bag will still be functional.

Reply to
T T

Reply to
djdave

Reply to
fordtech

Reply to
fordtech

Tired of the seat belt chime activating while you're sitting in the car waiting for someone? The ford owners manual tells all. Here's how to disable it.

Time Required:

5 minutes

Tools Needed: Hands Keys Lots of patience

Procedure: The Belt Minder is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. By default, the Belt Minder is active. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds, repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you buckle your seat belt. You can De-Activate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate it... The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that ignition cycle. The second method, permanent deactivation: Before starting, make sure that: The partking brake is set. The car is in Park(automatic), Neutral(manual). The ignition is OFF. All doors are closed. The driver's safety belt is un-buckled. The parking and headlights are OFF.

1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START. 2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes). Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds! 3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. 4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights. 5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled. After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds. 6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Reply to
fordtech

Preparation

NOTE: The driver and the front passenger beltminder are deactivated/activated independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not buckle the other position as this terminates the process. Step 1. Set the parking brake. Place the transmission in PARK. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position. Close all the vehicle doors. Unbuckle the driver and passenger safety belts. Deactivating/Activating Step 2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.) Wait until the safety belt warning indicator turns off (approximately 1 minute). NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off or the procedure must be repeated. Step 3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt

9 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. NOTE: After Step 3, the safety belt warning indicator lamp turns on for 3 seconds.

Within 10 seconds of the safety belt warning indicator turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. The beltminder activation or deactivation is confirmed by the following sequences: If the beltminder is enabled, this procedure disables the beltminder for that specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the deactivation procedure was successful. If the beltminder is disabled, this procedure enables the beltminder for the specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds followed by a second series of 4 flashes per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the activation procedure was successful. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Questi>I have disabled the "seat belt minder" which stops the contant +30

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

Reply to
Chuck