How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

Threaded View

I have disabled the "seat belt minder" which stops the contant +30
decibel beyoned comfort level constant dinging but I want to shut it
up completely.

I researched the wire and disconnected the one that sences the key in
the ignition so it doesn't contantly DING-DING-DING when the door is
opened and the lights are on.  How can you shut up the seat bell
dinging?

Can't undo the connection under the drivers seat, the air bags fail to
systems check then.  The module inside the console gagues takes over 2
hours for Ford to remove it and then they won't drive a screwdriver
through the speaker (safety).

My truck, I own it.  I just want it to shut the f^ck up.  Any ideas?

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

says...
Fasten your seatbelt, shut the door, turn off lights?
--
I. Care

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

Generally yes but on the job site where my work truck is my office, I
use it for shelter from the rain and wind.  When I sit in the truck
and a foreman comes up to me and opens the door when I am on the phone

DING-DING-DING-DING  at such an anoying level that the digital phone I
am talking on amplifies the sound even more.  I just want the damn
thing quiet.  Private land, home acreage and on the job site.  It is
so anoyingly loud.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

says...
Can you locate the dinger and just disconnect it or substitute an
equivalent value resistor if the system needs to see something there?
--
I. Care

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

reach over & take the passenger seat belt & insert it into the drivers
part. the system will think your belt is in, no more ding ding, & if you
move, the air bag will still be functional.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

It is just an open closed switch, no?  Can you jump it out?

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

I went to a junk yard and cut an old seatbelt male end out of a junk
truck.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

 hey dingy, if you are still dinging send me your email address and I'll send
you Ford's deactivation instructions. roberttmcfadden [AT] hotmail [DOT] com

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

 if you are still dinging send me your email address and I'll send
you Ford's deactivation instructions. roberttmcfadden [AT] hotmail [DOT] com

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

I just reached under the drivers seat and unplugged  the connector,It
stopped the seat belt chime and all other chimes work normally.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

Well Hey Chuck, that's awsome and so informative and technically instructive.
Your the man! Come on everybody lets give old Chuck here three cheers! Thank
you, thank you. Well I have to go now I think I've got something in my eye.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

Tired of the seat belt chime activating while you're sitting in the car
waiting for someone? The ford owners manual tells all. Here's how to disable
it.

Time Required:
5 minutes

Tools Needed:
Hands
Keys
Lots of patience

Procedure:
The Belt Minder is the electronic warning system to remind you to use your
safety belt system. It's a combination of a sounding chime and the
illuminating warning light on your instrument panel. By default, the Belt
Minder is active. When active, if the driver's safety belt is not buckled in
about 5 seconds from the time the warning light has turned off, the warning
light will again illuminate and the alarm chime will sound for 6 seconds,
repeating itself every 30 seconds for the next 5 minutes, or until you
buckle your seat belt.
You can De-Activate the Belt Minder two ways. First, you can deactivate it
temporarily for your current "run cycle", that is after you have started
your car and it's still running. Second, you completely deactivate the Belt
Minder so that it never reminds you again, or at least until your reactivate
it...
The first method, temporary deactivation, or one time disable: After you
have started your vehicle, buckle and then un-buckle your safety belt. Be
sure to buckle back up.... This will disable the Belt Minder only for that
ignition cycle.
The second method, permanent deactivation: Before starting, make sure that:
The partking brake is set.
The car is in Park(automatic), Neutral(manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.

1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!
3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the
belt un-buckled.
4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the
belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle
then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is
currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled.

Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the
safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of
the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt
warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with
the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4
times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the
deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

I'll be real interested to hear the responce, cause that is not what the ford
shop manual reads. where did you get this info if you do mind me asking? are
you a ford tech? just curious.

Re: How to disable seat belt chime in 2006 F150

Preparation

NOTE: The driver and the front passenger beltminder are deactivated/activated
independently. When deactivating/activating one seating position, do not
buckle the other position as this terminates the process.
Step 1.
Set the parking brake.
Place the transmission in PARK.
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver and passenger safety belts.
Deactivating/Activating
Step 2.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
Wait until the safety belt warning indicator turns off (approximately 1
minute).
NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt
warning indicator turns off or the procedure must be repeated.
Step 3.
For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt
9 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
NOTE: After Step 3, the safety belt warning indicator lamp turns on for 3
seconds.

Within 10 seconds of the safety belt warning indicator turning on, buckle
then unbuckle the safety belt.
The beltminder activation or deactivation is confirmed by the following
sequences:
If the beltminder is enabled, this procedure disables the beltminder for that
specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp flashes 4
times per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the deactivation procedure was
successful.
If the beltminder is disabled, this procedure enables the beltminder for the
specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp flashes 4
times per second for 3 seconds followed by a second series of 4 flashes per
second for 3 seconds to confirm that the activation procedure was successful.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Site Timeline