How to disable speed limiter on F250 SD 2003

Is there a method of disabling the speed limiter on a 2003 f250 superduty

5.4 triton?? Without using a hyperchip??

please post or e-mail

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Thanks for any help

Reply to
Guido

the easyist way is to blow by a cop, cutting him off almost sending him into the guardrail. he will bust you ,rip up your liscence, and then you will not have to worry about the truck being speed governed

Reply to
Falcoon

Interesting ...

Reply to
PC PODD

You can do it with a Superchips Microtuner for around $269.

SMC

Reply to
MOTO

Are you going to get tires with the proper speed rating to handle the higher speeds?

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared

I'll take that as a "I don't know".

Reply to
EJGroth

no, actually i do know how, but also feel anyone that feels they have to go faster than their vehicle is governed at does not deserve the privelage of a drivers liscence,and should have at least 5 cops up their asses any time they get behind the wheel

Reply to
Falcoon

Why, when you didn't read the replies when you first posted this question last week.

Reply to
Ralph E Lindberg

I think it runs off a wire under the hood, somewhere. Try cutting wires until it is disabled. Good luck! =`:^>

-- frosty

Guido wrote:

Reply to
frosty

Hmmm, as far as I know, the highest posted speed limit in the US is 75 mph. Have you ever driven a vehicle faster than that?

How about if the manufacturer of *your* vehicle decided you didn't need to drive at any speed which would exceed the max 75 mph legal limit? Would you accept it? If you wanted to make your vehicle capable of going faster than that would you also qualify for:

"...does not deserve the privilege of a drivers license, and should have at least 5 cops up your ass any time you get behind the wheel."

I can't believe all the dumbass replies this poor fellow is getting...

David Jones djonesLSidaho.com

Reply to
IdaSpode

first off i have no need to excede the speed limit. second ,in my years with the police and fire departments,i have seen way to many dead people that had the rite to excede the speed limit, including 2 teenagers that had the rite to die sat morning when they tried to take a 25mph turn at 95.

Reply to
Falcoon

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:39:16 +0000, Falcoon rearranged some electrons to form:

Try using the spell checker next time.

Reply to
David M

Maybe he wants to know for educational purposes only?? Can't we give him the benefit of the doubt?

Reply to
<akvaska

Shall we take that as an affirmation that indeed, it would not bother you if your vehicle had a speed limiter that cut in at 75mph (or whatever the maximum legal speed limit in your neck of the woods) with like rated tires as stock equipment?

No matter how hard people try, you can't outlaw stupidity. Would it have made a difference if a limiter kicked in at 90?

Maybe we need to carry the "Onstar" concept a few steps further. I saw a short story on the news last evening about how a stolen car can be located with Onstar, and the horn and emergency flashing lights being activated from afar. How about active elements imbedded in (or next to) the road surface that communicate with your vehicle which will prevent you from exceeding the posted speed limit? Good idea or bad?

David Jones djonesLSidaho.com

Reply to
IdaSpode

IdaSpode wrote: [snip]

I'm guessing John Ashcroft would like that idea! =`:^>

-- frosty

Reply to
frosty
*snip*

I would say, overall, a "neutral" thing, that could be turned to "evil" fairly easily, so, something that we should avoid. It used to be that the only folks under constant observation were high security prisoners. Now, more and more, ordinary citizens are burdened with that same, intrusive presence. I saw a note on

yesterday thatthe folks in Great Britain are considering something like this, but,but government is apparently planning to use it to track what roadsthe citizens use, for toll billing purpose. At the end of the month,you would get a bill for the total amount you spent on the varioustoll roads. While it might SOUND attractive, I can only seegovernment using this as a tool of taxation as quickly as possible,and, sucking MORE money out of our pockets. A bad thing. Not only that, it is another step in the process of turning usinto mewling infants and removing personal responsibility from us.How are we going to grow up if we are continually told that we are notadult enough to take responsiblity for following the laws. If we donot mature enough to do this, then, we are not citizens, we are sheep,being mindlessly herded from place to place from birth to slaughter.Is that the promise and dream of America? I think not. Finally, while electronics, etc, are wonderful things, thereis always the possibility of failure...and what happens then? Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

it would not bother me if the speed was governed at 65. because i very rarely excede 60, and the max speed in most of the country is 65, including here in nj.

Reply to
Falcoon

75, here in parts of Texas. There are places where you can drive this speed for HOURS on end.
Reply to
Jeepers

and that is (partially the reason) why the speed governors were installed.

(Suzuki Z400 page) If you're going to ridicule my post, please do it publicly and stop privately e-mailing me.

Reply to
C-squared

Well since some of you "people" approve of the speed limiter, how would you feel if you bought a ferrari with a 65 speed limiter on it? I think that's stupidity right there. Whether he wants to break the law is his problem, I do it all the time and i'm fine and so is everybody else. It's not technically as bad as ya think. So if I knew how to do it i'd help ya out man but I dont know the first start of it.

Reply to
Larry Durst