How to disable the Seat Belt Chime on a 2006 F-250

Can someone please explain to me how to disable the seatbelt chime on a

2006 F250. Thanks
Reply to
Elvis

If you're talking about BeltMinder, this is it:

  1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT

START THE ENGINE)

  1. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1

minute)

. Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds after the safety belt

warning light turns off.

  1. At a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times,

ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state.

. After Step 3 is complete, the safety belt warning light will be turned

on for 3 seconds.

. If Step 4 does not occur within 10 seconds at the end of Step 3,

Beltminder will automatically exit programming mode without

changing its enable status.

  1. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, at a moderate speed, buckle

then unbuckle the safety belt.

. This will disable the BeltMinder feature if it is currently enabled. As

confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per

second for 3 seconds.

. This will enable the BeltMinder feature if it is currently disabled. As

confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per

second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then

followed by the safety belt warning light flashing 4 times per second

for 3 seconds again.

  1. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is

complete.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Holy crap. I'm I building a bomb or disabling seatbelts. Thanks for the info Tom.

Reply to
Elvis

Is this procedure the same for all fords? I have an 03 Ranger. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

It should be listed in your owners manual. It was for my 04 F150.

Reply to
Marlin Singer

Yes it will work.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanks Marlin. Just got the 03 and it didn't have an owners manual. Waiting for the one I got on E Bay.

Reply to
Paul O.

Try here:

or here:
for owner's manuals and updates. The sites go back about 10 years. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

You don't need to wait. Just download one in PDF format from

in the owners section. It's a free download.

Reply to
Marlin Singer