Hydraulic clutch cylinder replacement on a Ranger

I am coming up on a new clutch in my 96 Ranger, and am having difficulty trying to find out how to bleed the slave cylinder. I intend to install everything new while I have the transmission out for the clutch replacement, including the clutch disc, pressure plate, throwout bearing and cylinder. I can see no really good way to bleed the new cylinder due to the way it is made. Is there any way to prefill and bleed the cylinder before installation? The only way I can see to bleed the cylinder is to do so before installation, as the connections are at the bottom of the cylinder, and the air will be trapped on the upper end.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Mr Steele

..thinking a master brake cylinder

I guess you can fill and prime the cylinder ahead of time. Leave the cover on.

Installed- remove the cap/cover and pump air out of the cylinder?

Reply to
Oren

If it were in the position of a brake cylinder, the cap could be left off, yes, but this cylinder is under the bell housing, and there is no way to leave a cover on or off, then bleed later. Once the bell housing is in place, there is no inspection hole or access panels that we can see to bleed the cylinder. As I said, the hose connections are on the low end, air will be trapped on the other end.

Reply to
Mr Steele