idle/ transmission problem

Just want to share my experience in case any of you have similar trouble. I bought a '94 F-150 last week. I noticed the idle was erratic and too high (1500) most of the time. I also noticed the transmission would not shift until about 3000-3500rpm! Also the idle would sometimes drop so low it would stall. The first thing I did was replace the Idle Air Control. This immediately corrected the stalling. Next I replaced the Throttle Position Sensor. I removed the throttle body and gave it a good cleaning. After putting everything back together, my idle is smooth and transmission shifts perfect. It drives like a different truck! Gary

Reply to
GARY