Ignition is disabled

97 F150 4x4 5.4L E4OD bought it used from Ford in 99 and dealer had installed a Stargard Alarm System (uses a 5-pin push key to allow the ignition to function) and bypassed the factory keyless entry because they did not have any of the original chip-keys for the truck. Since 99 I have been using the standard Ford keys made by the dealer from code. Tonight something failed and the ignition is disabled. The original dealer is gone and Stargard is gone. What can I do to get my ignition back?
Reply to
Fasterhorses

The best I can suggest is use a multi-meter and find where the Stargard system is connected to your ignition. Once you find it, remove it. Maybe it will be as simple as unplugging two wires and splicing them together, once you find where those two wires are.

I'm really glad my truck doesn't try to prevent me from using it :-).

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

"" wrote: > On 1 Jul 2005 23:41:12 -0400, Fasterhorses wrote: > > 97 F150 4x4 5.4L E4OD bought it used from Ford in 99 and > dealer had > > installed a Stargard Alarm System (uses a 5-pin push key to > allow the > > ignition to function) and bypassed the factory keyless entry > because > > they did not have any of the original chip-keys for the > truck. Since > > 99 I have been using the standard Ford keys made by the > dealer from > > code. Tonight something failed and the ignition is disabled. > The > > original dealer is gone and Stargard is gone. What can I do > to get my > > ignition back? > > The best I can suggest is use a multi-meter and find where the > Stargard system is connected to your ignition. Once you find > it, > remove it. Maybe it will be as simple as unplugging two wires > and > splicing them together, once you find where those two wires > are. > > I'm really glad my truck doesn't try to prevent me from using > it :-). > > -D > > -- > If your life is a hard drive, > Christ can be your backup. > > www:

jabber: > snipped-for-privacy@dman13.dyndns.org Problem solved! There is a jumper wire for the clutch starter relay (it disables the starter unless you depress the clutch) that of course automatics don?t have so it comes out of the harness and then goes back in. It?s near the LF axel on 4x4?s so something got flipped up around in there and frayed the wire then I guess it finally broke when I moved some of the harness up by the valve cover to install a vacuum tee but it broke way down between the frame and headers and very hard to see #@!# did I know? Must have been hanging by a thread. I can?t take any credit for finding it. I was up top retracing my steps for the tee. My very determined mechanic buddy was under the truck and found it by following every piece if harness he could find. Then we didn?t know what to do with these 2 broken wht/pink wires sticking out of the harness. We pawed all over the engine looking for 2 other broken wires that should connect up to the ones we found right? Wrong!

45 minutes later mechanic buddy #2 produced a wiring diagram that showed 10-12 circuits in the ignition startup network and a wht/pink jumper. Connected the broken ends and truck starts right up. Thank the Lord for mechanic buddies.
Reply to
Fasterhorses

On 6 Jul 2005 19:37:30 -0400, Fasterhorses wrote: [...]

[...]

That's always a good thing! :-)

Thanks for the followup and for telling what the problem and solution was.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson