installing 95 bronco brake rotors

went to my local autoparts store. mine is a 5.8 with ABS. Only 150k miles. damn nice truck. They said I need to know my axle ratio. Either for a 3.07 or not. Got my Haynes manual and found it is not helpful. Any resources to find the ratio? I've not replaced rotors before. Have replaced the fuel pump and the water pump in this beast. Besides those two items, its been tires, brake pads, and a battery or two in 9 yrs... Any help greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Robrjt2

Found mine by using the owners manual and the options listed on the door plate

Reply to
Roy Brown

I have a 91 Bronco with a gear ratio of 3.55 stock. I didn't think that would matter for changing rotors. I have looked up those in catalogues before, they asked for the year mainly.

Reply to
Pfunk20000

The rear differential carrier (pumpkin) has a metal tab bolted on it, with the ratio stamped on it.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Need gear ratio because of the tone ring for the ABS. Just buy the rotors with out the hobs and install your old tone rings, that's what I did, save you some money as well. As for gears - I'd say there were 3.55 pretty much all the 90 up bronco's came with 3.55s.

Reply to
BOSS

Some Broncos had 3.08 in the back, and 3.07 in the front.

Depends on the trim level of the truck, towing package, etc.

If his is a 3.55 in the rear, then it'll be a 3.54 in the front.

The rotors are different, one has a taller "hat" than the other even with/without the exciter ring. They'll fit, but the calipers will bind.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Yes I know some bronco's had the 3.08s, but most came with 3.55s. And yes the front had 3.54s.

As for the rotors, he needs the gear ratio for the t> Some Broncos had 3.08 in the back, and 3.07 in the front.

Reply to
BOSS

Many thanks to you guys.

Reply to
Robrjt2

Look on the tag on the differential.

Steve Barker

Interesting, I replaced the rotors in my '93. Didn't need to know the gear ratio. Are you sure the parts are different? Sometimes they ask, but it doesn't make any difference.

Reply to
NES

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Reply to