Installing Hella 500 Lights

Looking into some information concerning installing a pair of Hella

500 on my F350. I have a brush guard up front and it appears that mounting them on it will not be a problem. I am concerned about the wiring and do I just want to wire it directly to the battery and then to switch in the cab? Let me know, any advice will be great. Any problems with the switch? epicday
Reply to
epicday

The light should come with a relay and a wiring harness and instructions on how to wire them. There will be a wire to ground, a wire to the battery and a wire to the relay inside the engine compartment. In the cab you should have a switch that's wired to the relay.

On my F350, I wired my Warn SBD lights relay to the hot side of the parking lights. That way whenever the parking lights are lit, I can fire up the big lights. Hella's instructions will probably tell you to connect the hot side of the relay to the high beam circuit. Modify 'em to your preferences..

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego