interior dome light

My 99 F-250SD's interior light comes on at will. When I bought the truck (used) the interior light and I am assuming cargo lights were removed. I connected the interior light and now it will just come on while I am driving or sitting parked. I can here a click in the dash when it turns on.

Is this a known problem or just some thing broke on my truck? Is there a relay in the dash or is it just the dash switch I hear clicking when the lights come on.

Thanks for any input.

Jimmy

Reply to
Jim Gillespie

Spray the hell out of the door latch w/ WD 40 and all will be well. That's where the switch (now stuck) is located. This problem is posted on this group every other day....

Reply to
bomar

In my 97 Ranger, the first time it was caused by a bad GEM module. The wipers came on too, so it was easy to tell that it wasn't just a door switch. The second time it was just a switch.

I think that clicking might be from a module near the steering column, under the dash. It generates a clicking for the turn signals. It also generates a buzz for keys in the ignition. Mine buzzes for sometime for no reason.

F.Y.I., don't disconnect the module. Your turn signals won't work.

Reply to
I approved this message