Is a Slave cylinder "bad" or "broken" ONLY if it is leaking???

If my master and or slave are not leaking air or fluid does the problem lie else where??? Bleeding? Method of bleeding? Brand new clutch components intstalled in a 4.9L f-150 with the external slave and master above. Have not put tranny in yet.... Hydralic componets I have and do not leak but are not installed yet. My problem before was that the clutch would not dis-engage. I am getting crapp performance otta my slave and master. Forced bleeding? THANKS

-Ben

Reply to
Ben Witek

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:47:55 -0700, Ben Witek rearranged some electrons to form:

Throwout bearing?

Reply to
David M

Yes I replaced it. Bu throw out bearing I am assuming you mean the bearing that presses against the pressure plate. It is new. (I said all this before)

-Ben

Reply to
Ben Witek

You don't perhaps have the 'fire wall flexing' problem do you? That's where the firewall is cracked and/or flexing when you step on it so little pedal movement is transfered to the master. There is a repair kit for that.

Jim

Reply to
JFLEISC