Is it safe to washermachine the floor carpet?

Hi All,

In the process of working on my truck (a 1978 F150), I ended up pulling out the floor carpet to get to the top of the transmission. Since I have the carpet up, I was thinking about putting it in the washer machine. The carpet isn't in bad shape, but what better time to wash it. I think the carpet itself will be okay, but it has those "integrated" rubber mats for high-ware areas, aka, feet and peddles. Has anyone washed theirs? Any opinions as to whether the rubber matts will survive?

thanks, josh

Reply to
Joshua P Luben

That's gotta be a Binford model 12000 washing machine.........

Reply to
Vincent Vega

...with a supercharged motor running on recycled electrons, heavy duty timer and galvanized, 16ga body with clearcoat on metal flake:-)

Reply to
Norm