keyless entery code?

I bought a 2003 Ford Expedition from a non ford local dealer I have a keyless entry system on it but I don't have the "factory code" to activate it I was told that the code is marked some where in the truck( I tried the rear quarter panel, and under the driverside dashboard cluster but nothing)does anyone know where I could obtain the number without having to go to Ford dealership and having to pay 1hr. labor for something that is rightfully mine?

Reply to
<gsejay

I don't believe that it would be located on the vehicle anywhere. Everyone would know where it was and thus defeat the pupose. The seller should have provided you with the wallet size card with the code on it.

Reply to
Dave Rivas

This has been asked many times, if you search the news group the answer will come up. I remember some have it near the spare tire, or on the computer.

Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

I don't believe it is marked anywhere in the truck anymore. The old system usually had the permanent code on a label on the security module. Ford changed the system and now the code is programmed in during the vehicle build process (the old modules had it set at the factory that built the modules). The vehicle security module is behind the right hand kick panel high up above the fuse box (it has three connectors). It might be worth taking a look at it to see if there is a label with the code.

I would bet that the original dealer recorded the code somewhere. Whether or not they will tell you is debatable. Do you have the original owners guide? My guide came with a card in the pocket that included the code.

If the truck is under warranty, why not take it back to the dealer and tell them the keypad doesn't work? Using my psychic powers I have determined that the code is 40726. If that doesn't work, the system is obviously broken and should be repaired under warranty.

Regards,

Ed White

snipped-for-privacy@attg.net wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

The "common answer" you'll find by searching applies to older Explorers where you could see the security module through the jack compartment opening. It does not apply to 2003 Expeditions. They have a different type of security system, the security module is in a different place (right front kick panel area), and they don't even have a jack compartment in the rear side panel (it is in the rear floor).

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

I suggest you ask your question to the members of the Ford Expedition Owners Group. See

. Regards,

Ed White

snipped-for-privacy@attg.net wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Well I had the same question of this group when I bought my Excursion and received the same answers that I see your getting.

I made an appointment to have the code read at the Ford service department and the service consultant told me that the code is behind the trim panel in the back drivers side of my X so I pulled the panel and there it was. I am just assuming that it is in the same location on your expedition. Mine was stamped in the insulation between the panel and the trim.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Low Places

Look thru the books and folders in the owners handbook zippered "FORD" case in the glovie. The "code" is normally in there on a small card.

Reply to
Rudy

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:38:24 +0000, Dave Rivas rearranged some electrons to form:

But in fact several people have said that it is indeed located inside the vehicle. Once the thief smashes the window to get inside the car, whether he has the keyless entry code or not, you're screwed... he's got your car.

Reply to
David M

Duh, have you called a Ford Dealer to ask your question? There should be no charge. The code is generally located in a spot that is not accessible unless the compartment is unlocked. Most Ford automobiles have the sticker in the gutter around the trunk opening.

Reply to
Sudoxe

look on the rear hatch hinge. it is usually on the passenger side. you can also reprogram to your own code witrh the owners manual

Reply to
Falcoon