Laptop Mount.....

For anyone that is interested. I just bought a "Ram" Laptop Mount, and it works just great. It bolted in very easily, no holes to drill. Bolts right to the front seat bolts........

Ron in Florida

Reply to
GatorMan

Website?

Pics?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

And why would you need this?

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Just taking a guess, but I would say anyone who works out of their truck (contractors, etc) as well people who are using laptops for in vehicle DVD players. Throwing a 19" laptop onto the mount would give a nice size screen to the kids in the back seat for long trips....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Not to mention GPS functions...

Reply to
My Names Nobody

Umm, I work out of my F350. I'm in the grading business. I use a laptop computer to chart jobs, do estimates, and billing on site. Also, I hunt in some out of the way places when I go to WV, and use Streets and Trips GPS with my laptop.

It would be handy to put it within reach.

Is that good enough?

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Yeah.as long as in reach doesn't include when the vehicle is rolling down the highway. Got enough problems with idiots on cell phones, easy to spot, their the ones in the hammer lane doing 60 in a 70 so they don't ram anyone in the ass, or the one last week who suddenly realized she missed her turn so she made a left turn from the right hand lane to a parking lot and did some customizing on right front corner of my rig as she never looked to see if the way was clear. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I spent 9 years as a cop doing accident reports on such things. Now, while it doesn't make me impervious to it happening TO me, it does insure that I don't do it myself. Besides, the hammer lane is for doing 7 to 8 over, unless you're a soccer mom, then you tailgate everyone regardless of speed. Here in NC anyway.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
GatorMan

Reply to
GatorMan

Spdloader-

Here is a more specific URL. This setup works great.

Sounds like you spent a couple more years on patrol than I did...we could probably bore each other to death with war stories of stupid driver tricks...

Cheers,

-Jp

Reply to
Jp

Thanks for the link!

I only spent 3-1/2 of those years on traffic, then switched over to harbor patrol, scuba dive and recovery team, and warrant squad.

I have loads of boring stories, and some not so boring.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Then you can understand why I think the thing is a bad idea. Everyone of those accidents you investigated that involved a cell phone, I am sure the driver thought they could handle both tasks. Every study I have read has said that humans can not handle two higher thought process tasks at the same time. And over 1 million miles driving big truck, and seeing everything I have seen, I believe it. Now then if the cell phone is more than can be handled while driving, imagine how much worse typing on a laptop is. And while you say that wont be you, you will be in a minority.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Whitelightning

There are those that don't belong behind the wheel to start with. While I agree with your opinion that it is a bad idea for some, I don't agree that they don't belong in vehicles altogether. Some people are capable of using such items properly: e.g, while the vehicle is stopped. Some people pull over to talk on a cell phone, some states require it now.

While in law enforcement, I had many, many other distractions in the vehicle, including extra radio, NCIC computer, light pod controls, etc.

There are tons of jobs where folks deal with computers and such in their vehicles, and these new mounts make their jobs much, much easier, AND prevent the item, such as laptop, GPS, phone, etc from becoming a projectile in a crash.

I can't imagine a reason to be typing while I drive. I've been using my laptop in my truck for business for 4+ years.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Everyone please go buy one, so I can smash your window and steal your laptop. Looks like I can have one of those out in 60 seconds!

Just a thought.

Reply to
djdave

There is nothing worth stealing in my truck when it's parked.

Let's keep ramping this up and see how ridiculous it can get............

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

I thought it was a BS post to start with.

Reply to
Jim Bob

I have the Jottodesk and use it with my laptop for GPS. I use Delorme SA2006 with the voice directions and if I need to look at the map, I pull off to the side of the road or the next available rest stop/truck stop.

Reply to
Robin Brumfield