Last year for vans w/ manual trans??

This might be a long shot, but does anyone out there know what is the last year Ford made the Econoline van available with a manual transmission??

Saw a 1980 recently, and it seems to me when I bought my '89 F150 new that it was still possible then to get the van with a 5 speed manual trans, but not sure now. At any rate they must be very very scarce.

I once owned a '72 E200, 240 6 cyl., 3 on the tree. I still miss that one, had a LOT of good times in it. Saw nearly the whole country & finally sold it with 347,000 miles because it needed a clutch & steering work. Yes, it was s-l-o-w but that gave us lots of time to take in the scenery!!

I'd love to find one kind of like it again, although this time I'd go for a newer model with a V8 & A/C, but really prefer the manual trans.

Reply to
johnH