Leaky Ranger

I have a 2002 Ranger 4x4 Extended cab.

Last year, I thought I was tracking a lot of snow onto the floor because it always seemed very wet. I bought some heavy, deep floor mats thinking that this would hold the water but the mat was still wet. Since last winter was pretty snowy, I didn't think much of it until this week.

Once again I noticed that the mat was soaked so last Saturday I sucked the water out with my shop vac and there was more than a quart in it when I finished. This has been a fairly easy winter so far so I was surprised that I had tracked in so much. It rained heavily the following Friday and I though to check the floor. It was soaked again!

Since there has been no snow to track in and the floor was dried last week, I can be sure now that there is a leak somewhere. But where. I pulled up part of the carpet and removed a few pieces of trim but can't see any evidence of where the water is getting in. There was some water on the rear left floor of the cab as well as along the bottom of the door and, of course, on the front left floor.

Are there any known problems with Rangers leaking? Where should I look to try to find the leak. Unfortunately, the truck has 73,000 kms and is out of warranty.

Glen Nova Scotia

Reply to
Glen Smith

I have a 2003 Ranger small cab, short box.

I have a leak on the passenger side floor just in front ot the seat.

I can't figure out the source, but I have to assume it is running down the door, under the rubber window-stripping then making its way into the cabin.

Is this a problem that Ford is not reporting?

Reply to
Windsurfer

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 06:28:38 -0400, Glen Smith rearranged some electrons to form:

How about having a helper spray water on the truck, and you sit inside and watch for drips?

Reply to
David M

Reply to
Shakes

Reply to
lmnop

Just curious.....who should Ford be reporting this to? H

Reply to
Hairy

Sorry, what I meant to say was "is this a common problem that Ford should be talking about?"

Who would they report it to?

Well, this discussion forum would be a good start.

Or that recall Site whose call letters I forget for now.

Other than leaks and squeaks, the 2003 Ranger small engine is a good vehicle.

Reply to
Windsurfer

| > > Is this a problem that Ford is not reporting? | >

| > Just curious.....who should Ford be reporting this to? | > H | | | Sorry, what I meant to say was "is this a common problem that Ford should | be talking about?" | | Who would they report it to? | | Well, this discussion forum would be a good start. | | Or that recall Site whose call letters I forget for now. | | Other than leaks and squeaks, the 2003 Ranger small engine is a good vehicle. | | -- | Windsurfer

I'd be interested in learning about the recall site. Please post when you remember.

The local ford dealer couldn't tell me what recalls affected my truck or even tell me if they had been done.

Reply to
Roy Brown

See if the drain for the air ducting in the cab is clogged. My 92 has been leaking for a couple of months now, and I've pinned it down to the air ducting in the cab. Unfortunately I have to park under pine trees. The needles are hell.

Reply to
FDRanger92