LED bulbs

I had installed rear LED bulbs in place of the dual filament 3157 bulbs on my

91 Bronco. Has anyone tried the LEDs yet? The ones I got are nice and bright. I noticed my rear antilock light on the dash popped on about 5 mins after I drove down the street. Could it have anything to do with the bulbs? It never came on before. I only heard, sometimes you have to use a load resistor inline with each bulb. But I thought that was only if they dont blink or dont light at all even. My rears work like the dual filament bulbs as advertised. The front will turn on but not blink, so I could see load resistors in the front at least. Says to install the resistor on the Hot/Turn wire. The other end goes to the ground wire at the bulb assembly. These dual filiaments have 3 wires though. I didnt know what 2 wires to use then.
Reply to
Pfunk20000

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 02:56:20 +0000, Pfunk20000 rearranged some electrons to form:

You need to add load in parallel with the bulb, not in series. There needs to be enough current draw so the flasher will heat up and operate.

Reply to
David M

I believe if you check the book your brake lights and brake light switch are part of the ABS circuit. The light probably means you have no ABS until you straighten it out.

To give a hair more detail, I would say that the ABS is not able to tell when you are stepping on the brake, because the circuit resistance is too low, so it thinks the brake lights never come on.

I was looking at some of those the other day and really wanted to put them in. But the big not street legal was the final straw. I'm sure there are some that are street legal, or there will be,

Anyway, throw some pics up for us.

Reply to
rr

In addition to the other replies, I'll bet your speed control doesn't work either. Need a resistor across the circuit to simulate the filament.

Reply to
Steve Barker

in the left front signal lite assy for example, of the 3 wires in it,

1 will be ground, 1 for park lites, 1 for turn signal. so the resistor goes from ground to trn sig wire.

i d>In addition to the other replies, I'll bet your speed control doesn't work

Reply to
na

The resistor worked fine across the front turn assy. I didn't add one to the rears yet, but I wanna put my stock bulb back in just to make sure its the low current causing my ABS light to come on. It has never come on like this since I put the LED bulb in. If that is the problem, I'll just add the resistor, that should add the current load as if it was filament. I'll let you guys know if the light goes out soon.

Reply to
Pfunk20000

Okay, I added the load resistor to my rear assy and the rear anti brake light went out, everything works normal again with the LED bulbs. The onlt thing I noticed now, when I use cruise control, then use my turn signal, it knocks out the cruise control. It must think I am using the brake. Must be getting too much current now right?

Reply to
Pfunk20000

Never Forget

AbitRip