Looking for ABS code translation

Anyone know what the ABS codes are?

I have a 99 F150 2wd, 4.2L. The ABS light stays on. A CarX managaer gave me the All Data info to read the code.

I'd like to know what the system is complaining about.

Code is 9.

Thanks GH

Reply to
GH

Iassume you just have Rear Wheel ABS (otherwise the coded are more complicated):

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) 9 ? speed sensor high resistance/open circuit

Possible Causes - Anti-lock brake control module or rear anti-lock brake sensor connectors not fully seated with component; Bad circuitry; Rear anti-lock brake sensor; Anti-lock brake control module.

I'd bet on the rear sensor (it is in the rear differential). You can check the resistance across the sensor. It should be 800 to 3500 ohms.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Sometimes the wires at the wheel sensor can get torn or scuffed, and that will cause the light to come on.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Found the rear sensor. Attempted ringing it out. It was wide open. So must be the problem.

Thanks Ed!

"C. E. White" wrote:

Reply to
GH