Lousy Service on Ranger 2000

My fuel pump had to be replaced at 21,265 miles. The truck is less than 30 days out of warrenty. Ford warrenty is 36,000 miles or three years. I talked to Ford Csutomer Service and Ford refuses to budge or even compromise on the repair. The cost of the repair is $687.00.This is Fords promise: " Ford Motor Company considers the satisfaction ofits customer one of the most important objectives. Ford doesn't have thecourtesy to respond to my letter" Is this an example oftheir quality service? The dealer said that if I had brought the truck infor service, their would besome leverage with Ford. How much servicecould I need. The maual requires only a oil change. I did complain about the lousy milage of 13 miles per gal.

Reply to
R E Burns